Monday, August 16, 2010

Niagara

This weekend I stayed over at a friends place that I haven't seen for a while now. At one point I had been really close with that friend and her sister, but life began to interfere and we slowly lost our closeness.To be honest where I missed the relationship that we had before, I had come to expect that this weekend would be one of those check ups where we acknowledge the relationship that we had, have a couple of laughs, and then part with the promise of another check up a couple of months from then. The night began exactly as I expected it too, with laughter and camaraderie but nothing speaking of the deeper connection from before. After our night routine was done we wound down and got into bed, and began watching so you think you can dance episodes online. Slowly we began talking about life and the last couple of months, before we knew it it was 5 30 am and we had told each other things that would of warranted a name in the obituaries had it been anyone else.
The next day we went to Niagara Falls with (for me) some acquaintances. I now know what it means to meet people who are connected to God in the same way that you are. There are no walls, and joy and freedom reign. I had a fantastic time and would just like to praise God for the Wonder of His creation!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your mom sound so similar..

    p.s. did you take that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. o dont say taht .... goodness way to make my day. and no. just found it. i dont think i even have my camera.

    ReplyDelete